THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Teacher of English
MPS/UPS £22,917 - £38,633 per annum
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees
Gosforth Federated Academies - Principal: Hugh Robinson
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Start date: September 2018
Fixed term until 31 August 2019 (with the possibility of a permanent contract for an exceptional candidate)
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an inspirational, dynamic and industrious Teacher of English to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
English enjoys a high profile in the school. The English department is creative and energetic and results are consistently excellent. This is a fantastic opportunity for a teacher looking to develop in a highly skilled and supportive environment.
What we need:
• A passion for English and an ongoing interest in literature
• An interest in teaching all facets of the English curriculum
• An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
• Consistently high expectations of students and of yourself
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth form
• A school with its community at heart
• Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you. We would welcome applications from NQT’s wishing to develop their career with the support of our well established development programme.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
For further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal to the address above.
Closing date: Friday 18 May 2018 at 12noon
18 May 2018