Newcastle Parks Trust – Chief Executive
Please see advert text
circa £75,000 + pension
You will NOT be employed by Newcastle City Council
Newcastle Parks Trust - Chief Executive
Newcastle’s parks and allotments are a crucial part of the City’s infrastructure, but austerity and the consequent ongoing budget restrictions mean that the quality of provision the Council can deliver for these vital green spaces is declining.
The Council is committed to securing a vibrant future for its parks as safe, well-maintained green spaces, where people of all ages and backgrounds can enjoy moments of tranquillity or join in activities that are open to all; destination venues, drawing in people from across the city and beyond.
To achieve this, the Council is creating a new independent charity: the Newcastle Parks Trust, which will unlock new sources of funding that can protect Newcastle’s parks and allotments for future generations; transform their contribution to communities; achieve expenditure efficiencies; ring-fence and recycle income purely for the benefit of the parks; and involve local people in shaping the future of their green spaces.
This model for public parks management is the first of its kind, and the successful candidate will be the charity’s first Chief Executive. Working with the newly appointed Chair, they will be an inspirational leader, with a pivotal role in shaping the long-term future and success of Newcastle’s parks and in creating a template of best practice for the nation’s parks.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and motivational leader, with:
• Experience of senior leadership, with a track record of successful results, including people management and development.
• Experience of substantial, wide-reaching operational and cultural change management.
• Experience of managing commercial operations with large budgets, developing new income streams and securing investment or funding.
• Experience of business planning, analysis, management and delivery.
• Track record of delivering challenging performance targets and improving results, with an eye for commercial delivery.
If you would like to receive an information pack for this role, with a job description and person specification as well as full details of how to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jenny Hills at Harris Hill on 0207 820 7321.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 11 June 2018
Please See Advert Text
11 Jun 2018
Apply and view further information