THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Support Assistant, Level 1
Full time - term time plus specified days
£16,495 - £16,755 per annum, pro rata (actual £13,897 - £14,116 per annum)
This is a Voluntary Aided School; the employer will be the Governing body of the School.
St Alban’s Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 2625552
Required for September 2018
Fixed term contract for one year.
Full time, term time only plus 3 training days
The Governors of St Alban’s Primary School are seeking to appoint a Support Assistant, Level 1.
The successful candidate will:-
• Be a practising Catholic or someone who is sympathetic to the ethos of a Catholic school.
• Show excellent classroom practice and have a clear understanding of the curriculum and assessment.
• Have high expectations of themselves and others.
• Have effective interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Be able to work as part of a team dedicated to improving the outcomes for our children.
• Be able to bring expertise, vision and creativity to support the curriculum
• Be committed to developing and sustaining excellent relationships with pupils, staff, parents, governors and other members of the community.
• Be organised and have excellent communication skills
• Be interested in learning in the outdoors.
We can offer you:
• A caring, happy school with a strong Catholic ethos.
• Friendly and committed staff who are supportive and open to new ideas.
• Enthusiastic and well behaved children who enjoy learning.
• A warm and welcoming community in which all are dedicated to excellence and improvement.
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed by arrangement. Please contact the Administration staff on 0191 262 5552 for an information pack. Applicants must use CES Catholic Education Service Application Forms, these are available to download at www.catholiceducation.org.uk
You will be an employee of the Board of Governors of the school.
St Alban’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)is closure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks and completion of a disqualification by association declaration form (Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009).
Closing date: 18 May 2018
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
18 May 2018