THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
L2-6, £40,360 - £45,544 per annum
This is a Voluntary Aided School; the employer will be the Governing body of the School.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
St John Vianney Catholic Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required for September 2018
With responsibility for Upper Key Stage 2.
The Governors of St John Vianney Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint and enthusiastic, ambitious and highly effective upper Key Stage 2 Assistant Headteacher to join our SLT. As the Assistant Head, you will work alongside the Headteacher to provide vision, direction and leadership in order to ensure that the school builds upon our strengths and remains a thriving learning community.
Our new Assistant Headteacher will:
• Be committed to deliver high quality teaching and raise achievement in a school with an exciting future.
• Have the knowledge and commitment to support the Catholic Christian ethos of the school.
• Be an excellent manager with exceptional organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Be an accomplished Leader and role model to other aspiring Leaders and those taking their first steps on to Leadership.
• Have high expectations for all staff and pupils demonstrating the ability to inspire and motivate others.
In return we can offer:
• A strong Catholic ethos.
• A fully inclusive environment with talented, confident and happy children.
• A passionate and dedicated team of staff committed to achieving outstanding outcomes for all pupils.
• A supportive, loyal and committed Leadership Team and Governing Body with a clear vision.
• A commitment to your continued professional development.
The Governing Board and Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Head teacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17 May 2018 at 12pm
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted individually to inform them of their date and time for interview and lesson observation as part of the selection process.
Application packs and further details are available from and returnable to:
• The Headteacher, St John Vianney School by forwarding a large stamped addressed envelope c/o the address as above.
• To download from the school website: www.stjohnvianney.newcastle.sch.uk
Please note applications returned via e-mail will NOT be accepted.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
17 May 2018