THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
MPS/UPS £22,917 - £38,633 per annum, in accordance with school pay policy
This is a Voluntary Aided School; the employer will be the Governing body of the School.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
English Martyrs’ RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required for September 2018
1 year fixed term post with the possibility of becoming permanent
English Martyrs’ RC Primary is a highly respected Catholic school providing a good education for all our pupils. The opportunity has arisen for the governors to appoint an enthusiastic, committed, excellent classroom teacher who is sympathetic and supportive to the aims and ethos of a Catholic School.
English Martyrs’ strives to wrap children in an atmosphere of care, love and fun. We aim to provide for their moral, social, spiritual and cultural development so that they will have excellent attitudes and relationships.
You will be expected to make a full contribution to the life of the school following the catholic ethos.
Applications are welcomed from teachers who:
• are practicing Catholic or will be sympathetic to the teachings of the Catholic Church;
• are inspirational, innovative, dedicated and highly effective; committed to raising standards;
• are flexible and adaptable in their approach to teaching, and are able to demonstrate knowledge and skill to nurture our children towards reaching their full potential;
• have an excellent working knowledge of the primary curriculum; and related assessment procedures;
• have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a team;
• have the commitment to contribute to the corporate life of the school.
We can offer you:
• a very strong catholic ethos;
• an enthusiastic, supportive and hard-working team of staff;
• highly motivated, friendly, polite and well behaved children;
• an inclusive school, where every child matters;
• active and supportive governors, parents and parish community;
• a strong commitment to continuous professional development and a network of support from our family of schools and the Diocese.
We warmly welcome and encourage visits to the school. To make an appointment telephone Mrs J Kenny, Office Manager, on 0191 2747463.
To request an application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can also be downloaded from the CES website:
Completed applications forms must be returned to Miss M Elliott (Head Teacher).
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 17 May 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 23 May 2018
The governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applicants must complete a CES application form and return paper copies of application forms to the school.
Applications from both NQT and experienced teachers are welcome.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
17 May 2018