THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Brunton First School, Roseden Way, The Great Park, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 9BD
Support Assistant, Level 3 (1 to 1 support)
Part time - term time
£17,072 - £18,746 per annum, pro rata (actual £15,341 - £16,846 per annum)
Brunton First School
The Great Park
Newcastle upon Tyne
Temporary for 1 year, to start as soon as possible.
33.25 hours a week, term time only
The governors of this successful, friendly and caring First School wish to appoint a highly motivated and caring support assistant to give 1 to 1 support to a child with special educational needs. The post will be initially for one year but could be extended if support is still necessary. We are looking for a highly committed, dedicated person who will enthuse learning and add to our enthusiastic team.
We invite applications from Support Assistants who:
• Have an excellent track record of successfully developing children to achieve their full potential.
• Recent experience of working with children from 4 to 9 years in particular with SEN children
• Have high expectations of pupils
• Would like to be part of a happy, caring and dedicated team
• Have an excellent track record of high quality teaching and learning practice and who centre the learning on the needs of all children
• Are able to foster good relationships with the children, their parents and colleagues
• Are able to support across the whole age range from 4 to 9 years.
If you would like to discuss this post prior to making an application, please contact the Headteacher, Gill McKay on 0191 2170045.
This school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and a range of other recruitment checks.
This post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information. Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Application packs are available to download from the school website www.bruntonfirst.co.uk or direct from the school by forwarding a large SAE to: The Headteacher, at the above address
The closing date for application is Thursday 25 January 2018
Please be aware applications via e-mail will not be accepted.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
25 Jan 2018