Newcastle upon Tyne
Business Continuity and Risk Officer
£28,221 - £31,401 per annum
37 hours per week
The People Directorate brings together adult and children's social care, education, active inclusion, early help and leads on our commissioning and procurement with focus on tackling inequalities and supporting vulnerable people through all stages of their lives.
The Business Continuity, Risk and Resilience Team works to support management within the People Directorate in identifying and preparing for the threats to our critical services.
We work to prepare our services and schools in Newcastle to respond and recover from crises and disruptive incidents impacting on our people, operations, assets and reputation across Newcastle through the implementation of effective crisis management and business continuity.
Main duties will include:
• Management and delivery of on-going crisis and business continuity management programmes across the organisation
• Provide subject matter knowledge and support to our network of schools in preparing associated policies, plans and procedures
• Deliver business continuity awareness raising, training and exercising to the organisation and to schools
• Support the organisation during live incidents and crises
• Be part of a 24/7 365 incident and crisis response function
• Work alongside the Corporate Business Continuity and Resilience Team and within the wider risk function to promote a risk management culture.
Experience of working in a Social Care or Education function is desirable.
If you would like to more about the role, please contact Ash Des-Forges, Recruiting Manager, on 01912774410.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk.
13 Dec 2018