THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
North Gosforth Academy, Dudley Lane, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 6EJ
School Business Administrator Apprentice
£8,392 - £15,839 per annum, pro rata equivalent (Actual: £7,133 - £13,463 per annum)
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees
Gosforth Federated Academies - Principal: Hugh Robinson
North Gosforth Academy
Newcastle upon Tyne
Principal: Steve Campbell
Start date: 2 September 2019
Fixed term for 15 months
37 hours per week, term time only (38 weeks). Monday-Friday; core 8am-4pm
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
North Gosforth Academy are seeking a School Business Administrator Apprentice to join the Support Staff team at North Gosforth Academy. To provide general clerical and administrative support, including answering telephones, taking messages and responding to inquiries, data input, filing, photocopying, receiving and dispatching post etc. Reception duties required.
The following is typical of the duties the postholder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time.
• Provide general clerical support ensuring that confidential files and records are kept up to date (including attendance, pupil and personal files, contract details) and to undertake general duties such as photocopying, sorting and delivering post, franking etc.
• Ensure that office stationery and other office consumables (including basic maintenance of equipment) are ordered in accordance with purchasing procedures.
• Record keeping and the input and manipulation of data on PCs.
• Collecting trip money, dinner money, etc in accordance with Financial Regulations.
• Taking messages, answering inquiries and providing information (including from/to parents and other members of the public) and reception duties.
What we need:
• ICT skills
• Great organisation skills
• Ability to work from instructions
• Has the ability to work as part of a team
• Good communication skills
• Keen to learn
• Hold GCSE (or equivalent) to grade C/4 or above in English and Maths.
Future prospects - potential of a permanent role within the school.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Excellent career development opportunities
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• Free membership of an on-site gym
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities.
Candidates will need to come into Westgate College for the first stage of the interview before we can put anyone forward for the next stage of interview with the business.
Please ensure you can travel to the employer location on a daily basis early in the morning. You will be expected to pay for your own travel to and from work so please check locality of employer, the further away you are the more it will cost.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
North Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
For further details please email:
Closing date is Friday 19 July 2019
19 Jul 2019