THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Sacred Heart Primary School, Fenham Hall Drive, Convent Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 9XZ.
N2: £17,711 per annum, pro rata. (Actual: £13,107 per annum).
This is a Voluntary Aided School; the employer will be the Governing body of the School.
Sacred Heart Primary School
Fenham Hall Drive
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 274 6695.
32.5 hours per week - term time (38 weeks worked)
Plus 3 training days worked during school closure as directed by the school.
Required from September 2019
This is a temporary 1 year fixed term post in the first instance.
Governors of this successful, happy school wish to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and committed support assistant to join our school team. Please state subject specialisms, areas of interest and experience in specific age groups.
This support assistant post may be for EYFS, KS1 or KS2 depending on experience.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic, who will play a full part in supporting the Catholic mission of the school or fully supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school;
• Be highly motivated with the ability to inspire and support others;
• Work as part of a team and be flexible;
• Have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour;
• Be able to bring expertise, vision and creativity to support the curriculum;
• Be committed to developing and sustaining excellent relationships with pupils, staff, parents, governors and other members of the community;
• Be organised and have excellent communication skills,
• Be interested in learning in the outdoors.
All applicants are warmly encouraged to visit the school by appointment.
Application packs are available on the school website at: https://www.sacredhprim.newcastle.sch.uk/website
Please provide no more than 2 sides of A4 demonstrating your impact in the classroom as a support assistant.
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 15 July.
Lesson observations & interviews: Thursday 18 July.
The governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
15 Jul 2019