THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
St Vincent's RC Primary School, Monkchester Road, Walker, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 2TX.
Support Assistant, Level 2
N3: £18,065 - £18,426 per annum, pro rata. (Actual: £15,220 - £15,524 per annum).
St. Vincent's RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0192 265 5049
Fixed term contract from September 2019 until 31 August 2020
37 hours per week, term time (38 weeks worked)
Plus 3 additional days worked during school closure as directed by the school.
The Governors of St Vincent’s RC Primary School wish to appoint a motivated and reliable Level 2 Teaching Assistant for our friendly, successful and hardworking school. Duties will include; 1:1 pupil support, small group work and assisting with classroom administration and organisation.
The appointment is for 37 hours per week term time only and the successful candidate will be placed on a fixed term contract for 1 year, with a view to being made permanent following a staffing review.
The successful applicant should:
• Be a practicing Catholic/Christian or be sympathetic to the school’s Christian ethos.
• Have a sound knowledge and understanding of Primary curriculum expectations in helping children with their learning.
• Hold a recognised Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification and be able to meet at least all the essential criteria in the job specification.
• Be an excellent team player who is totally committed to enabling every pupil to be the best they can be.
• Be able to demonstrate excellent, appropriate relationships with all children.
• Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and sensitivity when dealing with children.
• Be able to demonstrate an ability to work effectively with other agencies.
In return we can offer: an enthusiastic, welcoming and supportive team of staff and governors, plus opportunities for high quality continuing professional development.
St. Vincent's RC Primary School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
An application pack is available to download from the school’s website:
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post or by e-mail, no later than 12 noon on Thursday 4 July.
04 Jul 2019