Newcastle upon Tyne
£32,878 – £36,876 per annum
We are looking to recruit an experienced Ecologist to join a multi-disciplinary Landscape and Ecology team engaged on a wide variety of exciting and challenging projects.
You must have experience of working as an Ecologist within an advisory and practical capacity.
You will be working alongside other design professionals, such as landscape, urban design and planning and will be responsible to the Technical Team Manager, you will have a wide range of experience and skills in all aspects of ecological issues including wildlife legislation, ecological assessments, Biodiversity Action Plans and development management and planning policy
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Providing specialist ecological advice in relation to development proposals.
• Developing projects to be undertaken using Section 106 and other funding sources.
• Ecological assessments including bat risk assessments and surveys.
• Providing specialist advice in relation to implementing and enforcing the Council’s responsibilities for protected species and habitats and designating and monitoring of local Wildlife Sites.
• Preparation of feasibility studies and design options for a range of sites.
• Maintain and develop effective working relationships with environmental organisations and key stakeholders.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate policies, guidance and procedures such as the Biodiversity Action Plan, Supplementary Planning Documents and Green Infrastructure Strategy.
If you have a positive team working approach to service delivery and are keen to work alongside a range of in-house disciplines this is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and contribute to the ongoing success of the organisation.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk
14 Jun 2019