THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH.
Leader of Teaching and Learning in Learning Support (SENCO)
MPS/UPS: £23,720 - £39,406 per annum, with TLR1 £9,663 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
This school has Academy status and is part of the Gosforth Federated Academies; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required for September 2019.
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are seeking an energetic, highly organised and experienced Leader of Teaching and Learning in Learning Support to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development. The successful candidate will be accountable for learner achievement in the Learning Support Area by effectively leading teaching and learning and student development for those who have significant Special Educational Needs.
The school population is richly diverse and comprehensive; we require a skilled and committed teacher to deliver and co-ordinate provision for students from year 9 to year 13 with special educational needs in the school within our dedicated and well-resourced student support base.
The role includes responsibility for the Assistant Learning Managers, supporting HLTAs and the Learning Support Team; it involves working with individual students and small groups as well as standard classes and requires the development of literacy and numeracy; it will also involve intervention and providing appropriate support arrangements for students.
• An ability to lead SEN provision across the school
• National Award for SEN Coordination or willingness to undertake the award in post
• A person with a good understanding of current SEN legislation and best practice
• Excellent organisational and teaching skills
• Ability to lead a team and influence others
• Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
• An excellent communicator
• A desire to make a difference to the lives of young people and the vision to develop the role
• Well-developed ICT skills and an interest in working with specialist software.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school;
• The prospect of working with highly-skilled professionals and close liaison with colleagues;
• Excellent facilities;
• Enthusiastic and motivated students;
• An exciting and extensive commitment to Professional Development;
• A school with its community at heart;
• Low-cost membership of the Academy’s gym and excellent sports facilities;
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Federated Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively visit our website: www.gosforthacademy.org.uk
Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal at the above address.
Closing date is 12 noon on Friday 17 May 2019.
17 May 2019