THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH.
Teacher of Science/Physics
MPS: £23,720 - £35,008 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
This school has Academy status and is part of the Gosforth Federated Academies; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required for September 2019.
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a dynamic and industrious teacher of Science to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to teach across key stages 3 and 4 and to offer Physics at A-level. The ability to offer more than one science subject at A level or to teach at any level in a subject area outside science will be an advantage. This is a superb opening for a teacher looking to develop in a highly skilled supportive environment.
What we need:
• An outstanding practitioner
• A passion for Science
• The ability to teach Science to GCSE and Physics at A Level
• Excellent organisational skills
• An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
• Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• Excellent career development opportunities
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth form
• A school with its community at heart
• Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please visit our website: www.gosforthacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal to the address above.
Closing date is 12 noon on Thursday 16 May 2019.
16 May 2019