THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Class Teachers (2 posts)
MPS/UPS: £23,720 - £39,406 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
St Catherine's RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Full time, permanent
2 posts - KS1 and KS2.
The school celebrates this diversity by actively promoting a strong Christian ethos and a culture of equality, which allows every pupil to ‘let their light shine’ (Ofsted 2019).
The Catholic Life of the school is outstanding because there is a very strong sense of an inclusive and just community where the mission of Catholic education epitomised in the school mission statement, ‘Let your Light Shine’ is palpable in every aspect of school life (RE inspection 2017)
Required for September 2019, the Governors of this successful Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint 2 enthusiastic and talented class teachers to join our friendly and hardworking team.
Candidates should be either committed and practising Catholics or show an absolute willingness to fully and actively support, and participate in, the Catholic ethos and life of the school.
We are seeking to appoint excellent classroom teachers who:
• are practising Catholics or committed practitioners who will fully support the ethos and practices of our Catholic school
• are inspirational, innovative, dedicated and highly effective classroom teachers, committed to raising standards
• have high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
• have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum
• show initiative and take responsibility
• are able to work effectively as part of a team and form positive relationships throughout our school community.
We can offer:
• a positive caring ethos based upon the values of the Catholic faith
• an enthusiastic, supportive and hard-working team of staff
• motivated, friendly pupils from many different cultures and backgrounds
• the opportunity to play a key role in the school’s development
• active and supportive governors, parents and parish community
• a strong culture of improvement in all aspects of school life
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Miss Carole Martin on the school telephone number: 0191 232 6803.
An application pack and other relevant documents can be found on the school website, where further information about our school can be found, including inspection reports from Ofsted (Good-Jan 19) and our RE inspection (Outstanding-Nov 17): www.stcatherines.newcastle.sch.uk.
The Governing Body is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Both posts are subject to an enhanced/barred list check from Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Closing Date: Friday 3 May
Shortlisting Date: Wednesday 8 May
Interviews: from Friday 17 May.
03 May 2019