THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Year 3 Class Teacher
MPS/UPS: £23,720 - £39,406 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
This is a Voluntary Aided School; the employer will be the Governing body of the School.
Sacred Heart Primary School
Fenham Hall Drive
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 274 6695.
Maternity cover from September 2019
Fixed term for up to 12 months or until return of the postholder.
Governors are seeking to appoint a creative, inspirational and experienced class teacher to join our team of dedicated and enthusiastic staff. We are strongly committed to high standards of teaching and learning and raising achievements to ensure children achieve the best outcomes.
Applications are invited from experienced teachers and/or NQT’s.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic, who will play a full part in supporting the Catholic mission of the school or be fully supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school;
• Be highly motivated with the ability to inspire and support other practitioners and members of staff;
• Work with the senior leadership team in developing teaching and learning;
• Be an inspirational teacher who demonstrates outstanding classroom practice;
• Be confident to rigorously monitor, challenge and have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour;
• Be able to bring expertise, vision and creativity to deliver the curriculum;
• Be committed to developing and sustaining excellent relationships with pupils, staff, parents, governors and other members of the community;
• Be organised and have excellent communication skills,
• Be interested in learning through a range of outdoor activities.
All applicants are warmly encouraged to visit the school on 23 April at 3.30pm.
Application packs are available on the school website at: www.sacredhprim.newcastle.sch.sch.uk
Please provide no more than 2 sides of A4 demonstrating your impact in the classroom as a class teacher.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 26 April.
Lesson observations & interviews: Friday 10 May.
The governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
26 Apr 2019