THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Leadership Scale 9-13: £48,687 - £53,724 per annum
Byker Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Byker Primary School has an exciting opportunity for a strong, dynamic, inspirational senior leader to join us as Deputy Headteacher starting in September 2019.
We are an outstanding school, with a proven track record in securing excellent progress for our pupils and we seek to maintain and improve on these standards into the future. Our pupils meet the high standards that we set in terms of behaviour and learning.
You will be skilled in leading and managing school improvement strategies, pupil behaviour and be an outstanding classroom practitioner with the desire to lead your own school in the future.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Work with the Headteacher to ensure that our strategic objectives are met
• Be integral to continuing a positive learning environment in the school and a culture which breeds success
• Effectively manage the performance of staff in the school
• Understand the importance of assessment and how to use data to improve children’s performance
• Improve pupil outcomes by the early identification of gaps in their knowledge
• Confidently deputise for the Head Teacher
To apply, please complete an application form and email to: email@example.com
or post to: John Newton, Headteacher at the above address.
Applications must be submitted by 12 noon on Monday 29 April 2019.
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 8 May.
The Interview process will be all day on Monday 20 May 2019.
Visits to our school are strongly recommended. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment. Visits are available by appointment only and will occur during the week of Tuesday 23-Friday 26 April 2019.
29 Apr 2019