THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Leadership Scale 10-16: £49,937 - £57,934 per annum.
This is a Voluntary Aided School; the employer will be the Governing body of the School.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
English Martyrs’ RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Head Teacher: Miss M Elliott
Required from 1 September 2019.
Due to the promotion of our current Deputy Headteacher the Governors of English Martyrs’ RC Primary wish to appoint an inspirational, forward thinking and highly motivated practising Catholic Deputy Headteacher, who, with the Headteacher, will inspire and encourage all on our journey towards excellence.
English Martyrs’ is a Good school where.. “Faith is truly at the heart of this welcoming Catholic school. Pupils and staff, parents and Governors are rightly very proud of their vibrant and inclusive school, and pupils speak of a deep sense of belonging. The school’s child friendly motto “Loving Jesus, Loving Learning, Loving Life” is central to the work of the school and all know it, use it and live it.” (Diocesan Inspection Nov 2017).
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising and committed Catholic in full communion with the Church.
• Have a passion for teaching and learning and is an outstanding teacher, who has high expectations for pupils’ achievement and behaviour.
• Have leadership skills and experience to work with the Headteacher and Leadership Team, in order to encourage, challenge and inspire staff to achieve the best outcomes for our pupils.
• Work effectively in partnership with parents, Governors, the parish and the local community.
• Have excellent communication and organisational skills, and a proven track record of effective school improvement.
We can offer:
• A warm and welcoming school community underpinned by a strong Catholic ethos where all are valued.
• Well-motivated, happy, confident and friendly pupils who enjoy learning.
• Governors who are active and supportive.
• Parents/Carers who are proud of the school.
• Supportive, enthusiastic and dedicated staff who are open to new ideas.
• A commitment to continuous professional development.
We warmly welcome and encourage visits to the school. To arrange an appointment please contact:
Mrs J Kenny, Office Manager, on 0191 274 7463.
To request an application pack, please email: (email@example.com) or you can download an application pack from our school website at (www.englishmartyrs.newcastle.sch.uk).
Completed application forms must be returned to Miss M Elliott (Head Teacher)
Please note, no electronic applications will be accepted.
Closing date: 12 noon on Thursday 18 April 2019
Observations: Week beginning 29 April 2019
(Candidates will be informed following the observation if they will be invited to interview).
Interview date: Thursday 9 May 2019.
The governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. T
he successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Applicants must complete a CES application form and return paper copies of application forms to the school.
This post is not open to a JOB SHARE.
18 Apr 2019