THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
KS2 Class Teacher (2 posts)
MPS/UPS: £23,720 - £39,406 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
St. Vincent’s RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 265 5049
1 x Fixed term post in Reception
1 x Fixed term post in LKS2
(With the view of becoming permanent following a staffing review).
Both positions are required for September 2019 and are full time in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
The governors of St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School seek to appoint two talented class teachers who are passionate about ‘making a difference’ for the children they teach.
We are looking for teachers who:
• are Catholic/Christian or sympathetic to the Christian ethos
• are exemplary classroom practitioners with high expectations for learning and behaviour
• are excellent communicators with good organisational, written and interpersonal skills
• are committed to working in partnership with staff, parents, parish and community
• will make a significant contribution to the school.
The school can offer you:
• the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the school’s continuing success
• excellent provision for career development
• a committed and supportive Governing Body
• diligent, delightful and deserving pupils
• a happy and caring work atmosphere: enhanced by our strong Catholic ethos
“Pupils show enormous respect and care for others. They value their classmates’ opinions, and work happily, cooperatively and enthusiastically in lessons. Attitudes to school and to learning are excellent…Pupils thrive in the positive, well-ordered and caring school environment.” Ofsted, 2016.
The Governing Body is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Both posts are subject to an enhanced/barred list check from Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as a CRB) and a range of other recruitment checks.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Application packs and further details can be downloaded from the school website:
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post or by e-mail: no later than midday on Monday 29 April.
Informal visits to the school can be arranged by telephoning the school.
29 Apr 2019