THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Leadership Scale 8-12: £47,501 - £52,414 per annum.
This school has Academy status and is part of the NEAT Multi Academy Trust; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Tyneview Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required from September 2019.
We are seeking a new Deputy Headteacher (with SENCO responsibility) for Tyneview Primary School following our current Deputy Headteacher taking up a Headship. This is an opportunity to join our leadership team, as we build on positive results. In our last inspection, the school was judged as Good and our pupils made well above average progress at KS1-2 last year. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of young people and our communities, whilst our school motto is ‘maximising potential’.
We are looking for a leader with personal drive to work closely with the Headteacher and who:
• Demands ambitious standards and high expectations for all pupils to overcome disadvantage and advance equality with demonstrable experience teaching in primary to improve pupil outcomes
• Is able to translate school improvement priorities into practical actions which support and empower pupils and staff to succeed
• Has experience of monitoring and evaluating teaching/learning, analysing data and target setting
• Supports a culture of self-evaluation and has demonstrated commitment, engagement and involvement in the school development planning process
• Is a team leader who effectively manages their own behaviour and relationships with others to provide appropriate support and challenge
• Models good practice and leads by example with integrity, positivity, creativity, resilience and clarity and with experience developing and coaching colleagues
The successful candidate will act as SENCO therefore must:
• Hold or be willing to work towards Master’s-level National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator
In return we offer: a supportive Headteacher and local governing committee; the benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust aiming to provide a seamless education from 2-19; determined and engaging children and excellent personal career development.
Interested in applying? We welcome visits to the school on 25 or 26 April. Please call us to arrange a convenient time on 0191 262 6227. A completed application form, criminal records declaration form and equalities monitoring form must be submitted to the NEAT Central Office to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Thursday 2 May. The assessments will take place on 23 May.
Please visit: www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/deputy_headteacher/185374 for the application form and all other associated documents.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is essential that all our staff and volunteers share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for all posts.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
02 May 2019