THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Walker Riverside Academy, Waverdale Avenue, Walker, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 4AW
Teacher of Vocational
MPS/UPS: £23,720 - £39,406 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
This school has Academy status and is part of the Tyne Coast Multi Academy Trust; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Walker Riverside Academy
Newcastle upon Tyne
Teacher of Vocational (preferably with Hair and Beauty experience)
Required from 1 September 2019.
Initially 12 months fixed term, with the potential to become permanent.
Walker Riverside Academy is a successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and is now firmly on a journey to becoming outstanding having recently joined a multi academy trust.
We are keen to appoint an inspiring and motivated vocational teacher who is enthusiastic about their subject and committed to ensuring that all of our students enjoy their lessons and gain the skills they need for both examination success and their future lives.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
• believes in young people;
• is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom;
• is passionate about their subject field and keen to improve standards across all year groups;
• ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential;
• has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range;
• is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the students;
• enjoys working as part of a strong team;
• sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
This Academy is totally committed to child safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all applications will be closely scrutinised to this end. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and pass a range of other recruitment checks.
Application forms and further details are available directly from our website at www.walker.academy or by contacting us by telephone on 0191 295 8660, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday, 22 March at 12noon.
22 Mar 2019